Priority for inclusion of events in the KRPS Calendar of Events is at the discretion of the KRPS Program Director. Pittsburg State University events, particularly visiting professional classical music performers, are generally given priority. The Calendar is used to promote predominately classical music, jazz, theatre, and art exhibits. Events are included based on their appeal to the KRPS audience as determined by the KRPS Program Director.
• There is no guarantee of any specific event airing on the KRPS Calendar of Events on any particular day or at any particular time.
• For consideration in the KRPS Calendar of Events, information must be submitted to KRPS, in writing, at least two weeks in advance.
• Information for submission of an event to the KRPS Calendar of Events may not be received verbally.
• Information regarding tickets, times, location, etc. must be submitted in writing to KRPS. Items without such information may not be included in the KRPS Calendar of Events.
• The only telephone number given over the air is KRPS’ number. KRPS shall provide additional information to interested callers which the organization has provided to KRPS.
• Events included in the KRPS Calendar of Events which are subsequently cancelled may be announced as such, but more likely will be edited out of the KRPS Calendar of Events as soon as possible. Cancellation information must be submitted to KRPS by the same source as provided the original information.
• KRPS will not enter into correspondence about the content of the KRPS Calendar of Events or matters arising from events included in or omitted from the KRPS Calendar of Events.
A public service announcement (PSA) or public service ad, are messages in the public interest disseminated by the media without charge, with the objective of raising awareness or changing public attitudes and behavior towards a social issue.
• Information must be submitted to KRPS in writing at least two weeks in advance for consideration.
• KRPS has fixed availability for the broadcast of PSA’s. No requests will be taken in regard to specific times and KRPS will not guarantee particular times or days for broadcast.
• KRPS will re-write provided copy to fit our on-air style.
• No PSA shall exceed 30 seconds.
• KRPS’ phone number will be used on air and KRPS will refer interested callers to any number an organization provides for more information.
• KRPS has the final decision on which PSA materials are aired based on the time slots available and the nature of the event.
• ARTS events will be included in the KRPS Calendar of Events instead of aired as a PSA. In regard to PSAs, KRPS is particularly interested in events/programs that benefit people living in the Four States area – such events will have priority.
• To be considered for broadcast, information about events MUST reach KRPS at least two weeks in advance of the event.