City seeks volunteers for advisory boards and committees
PITTSBURG, KS – The City of Pittsburg is accepting applications for openings on several advisory boards and committees. The city is encouraging community members to volunteer their time to help city leaders with a number of important focus areas.
The following boards have openings needing to be filled:
- Active Transportation Advisory Board (Four-year term)
- Airport Advisory Board (Three-year term)
- Board of Zoning Appeals / Planning Commission (Three-year term)
- Building Code Board of Appeals/Building Trades Review Board (Three-year term)
- Downtown Advisory Board (two-year term)
- Farmers’ Market Advisory Board (Three-year term)
- Human Relations Commission (Three-year term)
- Land Bank Board of Trustees (Three-year term)
- Memorial Auditorium Advisory Board (Four-year term)
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Board (Three-year term)
- Sustainability Advisory Committee (Two-year term)
To learn more about each volunteer opportunity, visit the city’s website at https://www.pittks.org/city-government/boards-committees-commissions/. From the city’s home page, select “City Government” and then “Boards, Committees, & Commissions.”
Those interested in volunteering may apply in person at City Hall, 201 W. 4th St, Pittsburg, or contact City Clerk Tammy Nagel at (620) 230-5532. Applications are also available online at pittks.org. Applications must be completed and returned to the City Clerk’s office on or before Wednesday, November 30, 2022.